This course will introduce you to Environmental Permits used in the waste and recycling industry. It is aimed at anyone working on a waste site that is operated under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2019, applicable to England and Wales only.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain why Environmental Permits are needed for certain facilities.
- Understand the meaning of the term ‘Environmental Permit’ and be able to describe the different types.
- Understand which aspects of the site are included in the Environmental Permit and what the expectations are from the Regulators.
- Give examples of non-compliance and explain what the penalties may be.
- Describe how their role ensures compliance with their site’s Environmental Permit.
The course can take up to 8 hours to complete, including the final assessment, depending on prior knowledge.